Dog Nutritional Supplements – Joint health for pets is extremely important, even if your furry friend is not exhibiting any symptoms of joint pain.
You’re probably like me. Our dogs and cats can be our best friends.
They give us unconditional love even when we don’t deserve it. What a blessing they are to us.
It really hurts when we see that they are suffering from joint pain. They just don’t get around as well as they did in the past. They may have trouble standing up, particularly after sleeping. They may be reluctant to go up the stairs even though they may have bounded up the stairs a few weeks before.
Fortunately, there are steps that can be taken that will strengthen, soothe, and protect your pet’s joints.
- Proper diet and adequate exercise – It’s important that your pet gets good exercise. Walking and swimming are excellent “low impact” exercises. Your pet should get exercise on a consistent basis, not once every few days.
- Your pet should maintain the proper weight – Do you know how to tell if your pet is overweight? You should be able to feel your pet’s ribs. There should be a thin layer of flesh covering the ribs.
Joint problems are more prevalent in overweight pets. Contact your veterinarian if your pet is seriously overweight.
Always follow the feeding instructions on the pet food label. Don’t overfeed your pet. If you think your pet is overweight, feed less than the amount recommended.
- Feed your pet nutritious, healthy dog food or cat food. This will help your pet live a long, healthy, and happy life.
- Feed your pet the right treats – Critical to keeping your pet at the ideal weight is feeding treats in moderation. Most treats bought in a store only serve to satisfy your pets’ hunger. They do not provide any nutrition. They tend to be very fattening.
You should feed your pet a treat based on a nutritional function. Limit the number of treats you give your pet.
We feed our dog, Romeo, one dental treat in the morning and one anti-oxidant treat in the evening – no more than that.
- Dog nutritional supplements for joints – I prefer to not give my dog any prescription drugs. I recommend a natural, holistic joint care supplement. Glucosamine and MSM have been scientifically proven to protect and restore joint tissue.
Another ingredient, sea mussels, is a natural way of providing Chondroitin Sulfate which works in conjunction with Glucosamine. The supplement should include Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids which are critical to improving the function of the joints.
Although Romeo doesn’t show any signs of joint discomfort, I give him dog nutritional supplement every day. All the ingredients in the supplement are natural and provide excellent nutrition even if he never experiences joint issues.
I feel the supplements will prevent, or at the very least, delay any joint problems in the future.
Scott and Trish Hubbard are long time pet lovers. For the last 40 years, dogs have been a major part of their family.
They have dedicated the last 8 years of their lives to finding the best products for pet health. You can reach them directly by calling toll-free 877-878-4036 or by emailing them at Support@ProductsForPetHealth.com.
For information on dog nutritional supplements for joints, go to http://ProductsForPetHealth.com.